The health visitor offers:
- Guidance and individual support for expectant parents, infant, and toddler caregivers.
- Health care for all newborns during the postpartum period, including assisting the mother with breastfeeding or bottle-feeding.
- Assessment of the child's weight and evaluation of the child's health, well-being, and development.
- Support to strengthen the attachment between the child and parents.
- Assistance in forming a family bond.
With your consent, the health visitor receives information about your child's birth from the midwife and will contact you shortly thereafter to schedule a postpartum visit. The health visitor offers regular home visits to all families within the child's first year of life.